Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Trinidad, however, this is the 2nd time I've celebrated it with my cousins in Pennsylvania. My dad and my eldest sister came up from Trinidad to join us. As usual we had lots of fun preparing the meal and it was very tasty! Nevertheless, I have to say that our biggest thing is the shopping on Black Friday! From the time I met up with them on Tuesday, the talk of the house was the sales and which stores we wanted to go to. Haha. It's hilarious how into it we get. It's quite a spectacle to see us poring over the catalogues that come in the Thanksgiving Day papers...my dad's coworker who also made the trip from Trini, made detailed notes and even went to Best Buy to map out where to find the stuff she wanted to get on sale! My eldest sister got sick on Thanksgiving Day but after her nap she made it out at 1:30am with us to go shopping and with breakfast and lunch breaks we shopped till around 5pm.
The adrenaline on Black Friday really keeps us going...it was only when we breaked for lunch the weariness kicked in...but we got enough steam to hit 3 more shops. Black Friday has become a family tradition now...we take it seriously and if you know you won't make it through the day, then don't bother joining us. =)
When I think about it, shopping is a strange family tradition but it's one that we enjoy. I guess you could say it's part of our identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment