Sunday, November 1, 2009

Family Weekend

So last weekend my parents visited me and although I haven't suffered from homesickness, I was thankful for it. My mom hadn't ever visited AU or DC and neither had my aunt so I was excited to show them around. My dad had come to AU for Freshman Day and also to help me move in August but there were many places I though they all needed to see.

I came up with an informal schedule for their trip, which included some of my favourite DC sites. Some of these sites became favourites after our UC trips. Since our trip to the Portrait Gallery, I couldn't wait to carry my mom there because she loves art. I also carried them to the National Cathedral which was fun to do again. We had a different tour guide and it really intrigued me how she pointed out so many new things. I thought I would've been bored but I was just as interested as during our visit. The tour guides all have their different methods and I guess what interests them impacts the content they choose for their tours. I also got to go to the 7th floor where we were able to experience a 360 degree view of DC. You can see the National Mall from up there and with it being Fall, the trees were beautiful. This is my first Fall and I love watching the leaves change colours. :)

With regard to the discussions in class about college choice, I have to say that I am happy here at AU. I love the friendly nature of the school ... I mean I sing in the church choir right next to my Psychology professor and sometimes call him by his first name! I love that we can do this and I wouldn't trade it in for unapproachable faculty.

No comments:

Post a Comment