Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Analysis Question #5 (forgot to do this earlier...woops!)

I have read other autobiographies before, and I have to say, not every single one was full of dramatic experiences or life-changing moments. Yes, there are the autobiographies about celebrities or other famous people that do contain these dramatic experiences, but what about all the autobiographies about friends or family? I have had to write autobiographies almost every year and had to peer review for them, so I have read a lot that were not by someone famous. One thing I found was that even if this person did not have the most exciting life experiences, it was still interesting as a reader to see their "back region" Writing can make anyone's guard come down, especially in autobiographies since it is about that specific individual's own life and experiences. They can be as honest as they want without worrying about seeing the reader's reaction. This is what grabs me as a reader. The more truthful the writer is and the more I can relate to the writer, the more I am interested in reading about their life.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you don't have to be the president of the United States or Oprah Winfrey to have an interesting autobiography that is worth reading. I think any kind of life would be exciting to read about because it lets you see how others perceive themselves and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment