Friday, September 18, 2009

LEAP for joy

As much as I think the talk about the importance of liberal arts and the idea for LEAP were helpful and informative, I think the speaker herself, Deborah Humphreys, was a little too into herself. She would say things like "I knew I was smart" or "I went to a rich school" or "I only made it to where I am today...". I thought the organization she worked for had a good motive and she made a lot of great points about college students today. I agree that it is vital to take different types of courses because the job market changes quickly and we should develop many different skills in order to prepare for it. As someone who has no idea what I will be doing in the next 4 years, I thought what she was saying was encouraging. I think she could have presented it a little differently to make it more interactive and less "all about her" but overall it was a good presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment