Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dreams and Aspirations

Dana Walker's talk on Friday was motivational. It was informal and she shared with us her life story and some pointers as to how to focus on your goals.
As she spoke to us, I was amazed at how much she had achieved in life. She had overcome so many trials to reach where she is now. This really inspires me to really aim towards my goals so that I may be able to achieve as much or even more than Dana Walker has so far.
One point I remember her making, was in response to a question regarding how to choose our majors/careers. She said that she made her decision based on what people around her told her she was good at.
I have always been a dreamer. I love to think about the future. My decision on a major took a long time and it still might change. My major right now is Psychology but I am interested in so many different areas as well. I trust that somehow my life plan will unfold, probably with the aid of observations made by those people that get to know me. They may notice that I am particularly good in a certain field or have to right personality for a job.
I hope that one day I will be able to share my life story so as to inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment