Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Question 5 - I'll write my autobiography right now if you want.

I think a lot of autobiographies and 'memoirs' may not necessarily be written by people who had something particularly spectacular happen in their life that merits a novel. I mean, how many books about an owner and his/her dog have there been? It's not necessarily living through something remarkable, but having something remarkable to say--and/or having a remarkable way of saying it.

It's exactly the same as fiction writing. Anyone can write the general hero plot (villain defeats hero, conflict, hero defeats villain, happy ending), or romantic plot (boy meets girl, boy and girl can't be together, conflict, boy saves girl, happy ending). It's about how you write it, and the insight you bring into it.

So, yeah I want to live the kind of life that would merit an autobiography--my life. Just the way it is is enough for an autobiography, I think. It just depends on selection of detail and creative writing and insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment