Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Afghan



When I look at this afghan, a few aspects of my identity come to me. 

1) Its multi-colored-ness expresses my silly/crazy/goofy side. Anyone close to me (sometimes not so close to me) can tell you that I am not usually a serious person. I enjoy being loud and obnoxious sometimes. It's who and how I am. 

2) When I look at it, I see GG but I also see my whole family. Family is a huge part of my life and is something I could never live without. By bringing this afghan to college, I bring my family. The afghan brings me warmth and comfort just like my family. 

Joe saw my afghan and said "it brings you warmth and security". This was right on point. It does both those things and this is something important about my identity. I find comfort when I feel loved and secure. 

I am writing this post at 12:55am...I'm going to bed. WITH my afghan. 

1 comment:

  1. I want an afghan blanket made by my grandma!! My grandma actually like knitted me a pillow with a tiger on the front - and your blanket reminded me of that. Unfortunately, when I moved from England, I lost track of it (I actually left it in England because at the time, moving to USA was going to be VERY temporary). I wish I had it now, I know it's somewhere in storage so maybe soon I will track it down and bring it over here because, I didn't realize it when I was young but it has a lot of sentimental value and it was very nice of her to give it to me. I wish I had realized this sooner.

    Things like that are awesome and unique so you better hold onto your blanket!!

    It is now 1:01am and I am going to bed!!!

    ReplyDelete