Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Response #2: My Identity


If I had to decide on one thing that I brought with me to feel at home, it would have to be my crucifix along with a religious poster. As a matter of fact, the first thing I put up in my room was my crucifix on the wall above my bed. I have always identified myself as a religious person and I find pride in that aspect of my life. It's who I am.
I have been attending Mass at Kay Center since I arrived at AU and it really makes me feel at home. Religion is so universal. I love how you can be so far away from home and yet when you go into a place of worship, you feel welcomed and connected to those who share your beliefs.
When I asked my roommate about it, she said that it shows that I'm a religious person which goes along with what I said. Being identified as a religious person is not something I'm ashamed of although many people do try to hide their faith.
I love who I am and I'm proud to let others know.

No comments:

Post a Comment