Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Community

I feel as though people in a community should have at least one thing in common whether it be location or hobby. This means that one person can be a member of several communities I guess, based on what factor we are focusing on.
A school can be considered a community because we have many things in common. It's like members of a family who have stories from the past which they can all relate to. Students at AU have similar problems such as, TDR food, studying, the library etc. These are the things which bring us together ... they create discussions which only members of the AU community will be able to participate in.
As I said before, one person can be a member of several communities, which means that AU can be made up of many smaller communities. The difference is what holds the people together. The athletics for example may form their own community because of that common interest.
Overall I guess I am a bit confused about this definition of a community. However, I do believe that AU is both a community as well as a home for many communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment