Sunday, October 4, 2009

ENFJ represent!!

I think we all agree that the most exciting part of the presentation on personality types was the ending when we received our results from the Meyer Briggs assessment. After doing the activities our guest speaker gave us and looking over my assessment results, I found that they matched perfectly. This was really cool because it showed me I had a pretty good sense of who I was as a thinker and as a person.

I have an ENFJ type. This means many things, but an aspect that stuck out for me was that I am a big people person and I am good at understanding people. On the list of careers ENFJ personality types would do well in, the list was: facilitator, consultant, psychologist, social worker / counselor, teacher, clergy, sales representative, human resources, manager, events coordinator, sales representative, politicians / diplomat, and writer. Out of those listed, the social work/counselor, teacher, events coordinator, and psychologist stuck out to me. For someone who has no idea what I want to major in, these seemed the most interesting. I had already thought about being a social work for at-risk teens and families or a counselor of some kind. Now that I saw that these careers were good for people with my personality type, I felt a lot better about not knowing what I want to be.

I have been thinking a lot about what my future is going to look like. I still don't know what I want to do specifically, but I'm really glad I took this assessment because now I have careers I can picture myself pursuing.

On a different note, I started taking notes on for my ethnography (in the airport) but I suddently had no idea what to take notes on...any advice??

No comments:

Post a Comment