Friday, October 30, 2009

Reflection: Dear Explorers,

I really honestly cannot describe how thankful I am for the support I received when I was in the hospital.

I don't usually get really sick, so normally when I don't feel right I don't really worry. I might complain, but I usually know it's nothing serious. When I got sick on Monday, it was the worst I'd felt in a long time and I was really really scared. It was also the first time I was on my own to handle it, and I couldn't have handled it without your help. It means so much to me that you guys were there.

I have a severe phobia of needles. As in, even thinking about needles right now is making me cringe. My mother (who knows everything) suspects it's a sort of PTSD from when I was younger and was hospitalized for Kawasaki's Disease, but all I know is that Me + Needles = You-stick-me-with-that-I'll-stick-it-in-your-eye-bitch.

So two days with an IV in my arm, plus shots, and daily blood drawings (plus one on the top of my hand....WTF??) had me beside myself. But knowing that people cared honestly made me feel so much better. I didn't feel so alone, even while I sobbingly let them shove skinny pieces of metal in my veins. (Ewwwwnfjska;vnjkl fnns)

So thanks. I'm feeling tons better now (enough to be totally stressed by how much work I have, hahaha). And after this I'm going to sleep (Yes I know it's 7:00). Happy Halloween everyone!

Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment