Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reflection: President Kerwin!

I thought it was really cool that we got to meet AU's president, Neil Kerwin. At first, I was a little skeptical when I heard we had to dress up in our usual "business casual" attired, but as soon as Mr. Kerwin began speaking, I understood why. This man had done so much for the school and had quite the job in recovering the school's appearance after the last two presidents. He is definitely a man I respect because he didn't talk to us like little kids, or in any way seem condescending. I do know, however, that everything he said was perfectly scripted and that he could not really be anything else but Neil Kerwin, the president of AU. I liked his story about his rise to success and he seemed pretty realistic in how we could achieve similar successes. Overall he was a pretty cool dude and I would be happy to listen to him again. I think he is doing a lot for our school, especially when our school has apparently gone through some scandal in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment