Sunday, October 11, 2009

Decisions

Deciding what you want to do with your life is always difficult. I have always had an interest in so many different areas that it was hard choosing a major to study. After high school, I took a year off from school which worked out pretty well for me. It gave me time to think about my future and what I would really like to pursue. I ended up teaching at a primary level school and I loved it! This is the main reason why I chose psychology as my major. However, I am still thinking of attaching a minor or even a double major to that because of my wide range of interests.

Mary Hansen pointed out to us that we should try out a variety of courses. She said that realising our dislike in a particular area of study is just as important as discovering a passion for something. I really liked this statement and I totally agree with it. However, the main problem most of us saw with it was the lack of time for testing out different courses. I feel like I do enjoy my psychology classes but I also enjoy others which sometimes makes me wonder if I should be majoring or minoring in some of them.

I hope that soon I will be able to declare my major, whether it includes a minor or an additional major, and be satisfied with my choice. I guess I just need some time to try out different courses like Mary Hansen suggested before I am able to make this choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment